Scholarship eligibility has been
revised April 1, 2012.
The Colorado Rural Health Center is offering Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, and Dentists an opportunity to receive scholarship money for locum tenens pay, and/or travel costs associated with attending local, statewide, or national conferences or additional trainings. Funding cannot be used to pay for the cost of attending the conference, or registering for the program.
Criteria & Eligibility
- Applicants must be located in a rural, or non-metropolitan county in
- The applicant organization can be a public or private entity, including
- All awards are paid to the organization, and not the scholarship recipient
- You can apply for Locum Tenens costs, travel, or both (up to $1,500 dollars
- The maximum per diem rates are established using the GSA Federal rates at
- Available to Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, &
- Applications may be submitted for consideration only after the
training/expense has occurred
- Award prioritization will be given to new applications from
providers who have not been funded in the previous six months
- Sites may be awarded up to two awards within a 12 month period
application and coversheet.
Please fill out, and save, in Microsoft Word. You may submit your
application via email or fax. If submitting via email, please make the
narrative and all attachments ONE inclusive document. The coversheet may be
separate. Please send your application to
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 303.832.7496.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
Funding for this program is provided by The Colorado Health Foundation.